yum hardware/software repo website updates

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Fri Apr 27 10:38:50 CDT 2007

All,
    I've made some minor updates to the yum repo pages at
http://linux.dell.com/repo/software and
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware.

    As per my announcement earlier this month, I have updated the
webpages to reflect that the preferred installation source for OMSA is
the hardware repository. I will be removing OMSA from the software
repository within the next few weeks, so please update your systems
accordingly (install the dellhw-repository RPM.)

    Also, because we have had over 1000 installations of OMSA from the
yum repository with no reports of problems due to the yum repository, I
have removed some of the more harsh "unsupported" wording. The yum repo
is still "unofficial", but nobody should hang up on you over in support
because you use it to install OMSA.

    Also I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has
used the mailing list to promote the yum repository and who have written
with problem reports, suggestions for enhancement, and everything else.
I hope to one day get an official yum repository for Dell, but that
cannot happen without your feedback. If the repository has been useful
for you, please be sure to tell your salesperson or account manager.

    Please let me know if you spot any errors or omissions.

Thanks!
Michael