CVS on Centos 5

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Fri Apr 27 09:57:44 CDT 2007

With Redhat the cvs service is defined in /etc/services.

Have you initialized the CVS?

What is in /var/log/secure?  You should see something similar to:
Apr 26 16:08:55 your_server_name xinetd[771]: START: cvs pid=32178
from=10.xxx.xxx.xxx
Apr 26 16:08:55 your_server_name xinetd[771]: EXIT: cvs pid=32178
duration=0(sec)

Regards, Marshall