SC1345 / Perc5 - woeful disk performance

Chris_Purcell at Dell.com Chris_Purcell at Dell.com
Fri Apr 27 03:57:38 CDT 2007

Matthew,

By default, on newly created arrays on the Perc5 controllers, the cache
memory is disabled.
Check that the array settings show that write back caching is enabled.

Chris T. Purcell
Dell Services
EEC Gold Server Analyst
Phone: 1-800-945-3355 ext 7286090
Dell Services Website
<http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/index?c=
us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz>

How am I doing? Email my manager John Bailey at: John_S_Bailey at Dell.com
with any feedback.