Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d FAILED

Thu Apr 26 10:04:03 CDT 2007

Out of curiosity which LSI SCSI HBA are you using? We've tested with all
of them that Dell ships without any issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Mansell, Gary
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:56 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d FAILED

Hi,

I have experienced the same problem with OMSA 5.2

It has occurred on my machine since I applied the latest firmware
updates for my PE2950 and MD1000. In my case it seems to be related to a
conflict between my LSI HBA SCSI Card and the Firmware upgrade. If I
remove the LSI card from the system OMSA 5.2 works fine.

Unfortunately removing the LSI SCSI HBA means that I cannot perform
backups !!! The Overland Neo2000 tape library will not work with Adaptec
SCSI HBA's !!!

Another solution is to comment out the following line in one of the OMSA
config files - this stops OMSA 5.2 running the Storage component and
hence you get no reporting.

Edit /opt/dell/srvadmin/dataeng/ini/dcdmdy32.ini and comment out the
line:

popalias.0x0F=ral32

by putting a semi colon in front of it.

restart OMSA with srvadmin-services.sh restart

Hope that helps

Gary
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
addressed.If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.Please note
that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ricardo (save for
reports and other documentation formally approved and signed for release
to the intended recipient).Only Directors are authorised to enter into
legally binding obligations on behalf of Ricardo. Ricardo may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications systems.
By replying to this e-mail you give consent to such monitoring.The
recipient should check e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Ricardo accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail. "Ricardo" means Ricardo plc and its
subsidiary companies.
Ricardo plc is a public limited company registered in England with
registered number 00222915.
The registered office of Ricardo plc is Shoreham Technical Centre,
Shoreham-by Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5FG.