Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d FAILED

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Thu Apr 26 09:17:47 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:07:04AM +0200, De Wetenschapper wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I installed srvadmin-all 5.2.0 on a Oracle Unbreakable 4 Update 4.
> As this is almost an exact copy of RHEL4 it should be the same, But for some
> reason
> dsm_sa_datamgr32d wont start.

How did you install? Did you use the Dell yum repository?

> [root at bebma558 ~]# srvadmin-services.sh start
> Starting mptctl:
> Waiting for mptctl driver registration to complete:
>                                                           [  OK  ]
>
> Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
> Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
> Starting ipmi driver: Already started                      [  OK  ]
> Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
> Starting dsm_sa_datamgr32d:                                [FAILED]

1) Put a "set -x" at the top of the script to see where it is failing.

2) After you find out which binary is failing, it would probably be
helpful to modify the script to add
    "strace -o /tmp/trace.log -f BINARY.."
to the beginning of the failing line. This will trace system calls. You
will probably see why it is failing near the end of the log. Usually it
is a missing file or directory.
--
Michael