6850 shows 16 CPUs?

Robert Wilson bwilson4web at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:21:49 CDT 2007

Thanks!!

>From: David Chait <davidc at bonair.stanford.edu>
>To: Robert Wilson <bwilson4web at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: 6850 shows 16 CPUs?
>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:20:15 -0700
. . .
>Hyperthreading is probably enabled.

That was it! The 7130M cores are hyperthread capable and it must be enabled
on the BIOS. Since we are in an interrupt intense, I/O heavy operation,
threading helps. As for the dual-port, Intel Pro/1000 MT, it appears to work
just fine as a 'read-only' device.

One last 'newbie' question:

Is  there a web page for monitoring and replying to thread postings?

I'm using 'hotmail' only because my corporate e-mail is run by network nazis
with two layers of SPAM filters. It would be a lot easier to post comments
to a web URL for the mailing list and track progress that way than to wait
for the 'sometimes' delivery of e-mail.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson