PE 2950 snmp

Mon Apr 23 09:46:58 CDT 2007

Your snmpd.conf file should contain the following line:

smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1

That is also the root OID for OMSA.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Niklas Larsson
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 4:24 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PE 2950 snmp

Hi, we got three PowerEdge 2950 servers we want to monitor with snmp but

can't get it to work. The servers are running Debian with kernel
2.6.18-3. Net-snmp and omsa 5.1 (used dellomsa_5.1.0-2_i386.deb) are
installed and the command:

sudo snmpwalk -c public localhost -v2c

Gives a lot of information but no Dell specific. The command:

snmpget localhost -c public -m ALL .1.3.6.1.4.1.674 -v2c

Is giving this output:

MIB-Dell-10900::dell = No Such Object available on this agent at this
OID

This is my first time working with snmp so I'm probably missing
something basic. Is there any special modules or something needed to be
compiled in to the kernel or do I need to install some version of
dellomsa-drivers? Which version of dellomsa-drivers do I need in that
case?

Thanks
Niklas Larsson