PE 2950 snmp

Niklas Larsson rinolf2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:24:28 CDT 2007

Hi, we got three PowerEdge 2950 servers we want to monitor with snmp but
can't get it to work. The servers are running Debian with kernel
2.6.18-3. Net-snmp and omsa 5.1 (used dellomsa_5.1.0-2_i386.deb) are
installed and the command:

sudo snmpwalk -c public localhost -v2c

Gives a lot of information but no Dell specific. The command:

snmpget localhost -c public -m ALL .1.3.6.1.4.1.674 -v2c

Is giving this output:

MIB-Dell-10900::dell = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

This is my first time working with snmp so I'm probably missing
something basic. Is there any special modules or something needed to be
compiled in to the kernel or do I need to install some version of
dellomsa-drivers? Which version of dellomsa-drivers do I need in that case?

Thanks
Niklas Larsson