Problems using DTK to configure BMC and BIOS on PE1435 nodes

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Fri Apr 20 15:36:16 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 12:52:14PM -0700, Chance Reschke wrote:
> 3) Why does Dell ship system with the stupid EULA crap on first
> boot?  We ordered these systems with no OS installed, so they should
> all have PXE booted right out of the box when they discovered no OS
> on the HDD.  Instead, even if the boot order stuff had worked
> properly, we would have been forced to plug a keyboard into every
> system and either press F12 once to get the systemto try PXE booting
> or the space bar several times to get past the EULA crap.  Why would
> Dell do this?

Not trying to address all the other questions here, but go talk to
your Dell sales team about the EULA prompt.  I know there's a way to
order the systems without that, as our HPC Clusters absolutely don't
display that, exactly for the reasons you note.

Matt Domsch
Software Architect
Dell Linux Solutions &
Linux on Dell mailing lists @