Critical Dell BIOS Update

Andrew Reid AndrewReid at eastlink.ca
Mon Apr 16 19:40:15 CDT 2007

Michael E Brown wrote:

> Huh? You didnt get this from fwupdate.com, I'm guessing.
>
> I'm working on debian packages for firmware-tools and
> firmware-addon-dell, and deb conversions of the fwupdate.com bios
> images. These should be posted within a few weeks.
> --
> Michael

Thank-you, thank-you. In the meantime I have compiled the libsmbios
package (0.13.5) on an Ubuntu 6.10 x64 box. It seems to have produced
the requisite binaries.

Where does one find the extract-hdr program. Is it available as source
or do I have to break the binary out of an RPM (and which one).

Thank you for the work.