Pe2950 + lvm error

Clayton Rogers claytonr at bundaberg.qld.gov.au
Mon Apr 16 01:21:31 CDT 2007

Good afternoon,

We have a 2950 full of 750Gig Drives in a Raid 5 configuration with 1 hot
spare.  I am using RHEL to create LVM on this disk however because the
overall size of the disk is greater then 2TB I can only create a few
LVM's.

Here is the error I get when I try to extend my lvm partition in dmesg:-

lvextend -d -L+10G /dev/VolGroupStorage/LogVolIDEV
device-mapper: table: device 8:3 too small for target
device-mapper: table: 253:9: linear: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

I have 2.2TB free in the lvm.

Regards
Clayton Rogers
Systems Administrator