Which one is better Fedora, Debian, Ceos ..

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Sat Apr 14 13:07:07 CDT 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Pascal Robinet wrote:

> You can get paid support on a case by case basis from any linux
> professionnal out there in case you need it.

It's not support for Linux you need - it's support from the EDA vendors,
and IME they won't give you any support unless you're running their multi
thousand pound/dollar application on a platform that *they* support.

You're also using their tools to layout a chip/asic/fpga and you want to
be damn sure it's going to work - especially if your going to manufacture
1000s of them!

Much as I hate being bludgeoned into one particular distro (Debian is my
choice), that's the way it is, and it's also a small price to pay given
that most of them have move moved to Linux from the Sun/HP-UX, etc. world.

Gordon