CentOS 5 (Final) has been released

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Fri Apr 13 18:24:56 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 02:25:21PM -0700, Michael St. Laurent wrote:
> Ah, okay.  That's a little different from what I was trying to do (thus the
> confusion).  I was attempting to boot with the ISM disk which formats the
> hard disks then asks what OS you want to install.  I picked RHEL5 then tried
> to use the CentOS5 disks.

Ah, yes. Well as the former lead for the team that did ISM, and the
author of most of the code that does the CD detection, copy, etc, I can
tell you that this has no possibility of working, now or anytime in the
future. They layouts and such for the CentOS CDs is different from the
RHEL CDs, and it just wont work.

> I'm on to trying the yum repositories at this point.  If I can't get that to
> work I'll try your trick with the redhat-release file to install stuff from
> the ISM CD now that I've already got the OS installed on the system.

The problem with excessive CPU utilization on the yum repos has been
resolved, and the servers should be reachable now.
--
Michael