Converting a (single-disk) RAID-0 back to a (two-disk) RAID-1

John Buttery johnb+linuxpoweredge at
Fri Apr 13 17:56:38 CDT 2007

* On Friday 13 April 2007 11:54, "Zembower, Kevin" <kzembowe at>
>Maybe see 'omconfig Reconfiguring Virtual Disks' in 'Using the Storage
>Management Service' user's manual in the Command Line Interface User's
>Guide available at

  Cool, this looks like what I need.  Just to be clear, this process
transforms the array in-place, right (in other words, without deleting
the data)?  The 1->0 conversion happened on a live (in-use) filesystem,
so I'm assuming it can go the other way (bringing the system down to do
it on an unmounted volume is fine, though, if necessary).
  Actually, now that I'm looking at this page:

  I see this: "Dell OpenManage Array Manager (only for Windows and
Netware)".  This system runs Debian Linux; any chance of an equivalent

John Buttery <johnb at>
System Administrator