Converting a (single-disk) RAID-0 back to a (two-disk) RAID-1

John Buttery johnb+linuxpoweredge at academicsuperstore.com
Fri Apr 13 17:56:38 CDT 2007

* On Friday 13 April 2007 11:54, "Zembower, Kevin" <kzembowe at jhuccp.org>
wrote:
>Maybe see 'omconfig Reconfiguring Virtual Disks' in 'Using the Storage
>Management Service' user's manual in the Command Line Interface User's
>Guide available at
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/2.2/en/.

  Cool, this looks like what I need.  Just to be clear, this process
transforms the array in-place, right (in other words, without deleting
the data)?  The 1->0 conversion happened on a live (in-use) filesystem,
so I'm assuming it can go the other way (bringing the system down to do
it on an unmounted volume is fine, though, if necessary).
  Actually, now that I'm looking at this page:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/p62517/en/chapterb.htm#1054745

  I see this: "Dell OpenManage Array Manager (only for Windows and
Netware)".  This system runs Debian Linux; any chance of an equivalent
tool?

--
John Buttery <johnb at academicsuperstore.com>
System Administrator