CentOS 5 (Final) has been released

Michael St. Laurent mikes at hartwellcorp.com
Fri Apr 13 16:25:21 CDT 2007

> > > to run the

> > > doesn't like the

> > > are EL5 disks?
> > >

> > > I don't think my first post in reply made it to the list, so
> > > my second didn't
> > > make any sense.  So, I'm re-posting (with apologies for
> the clutter):
> > >
> > > In the past, I've added "Taroon" to /etc/redhat-releases.
> > > "Taroon" was the
> > > codename for RHEL3.  "Nahant" is the codename for RHEL4, and
> > > "Tikanga" is the
> > > name for RHEL5.
> >
> > So I would need to mount the CentOS 5 Disc 1 ISO on the loopback
> > filesystem, make that change and then burn a new CD to get
> the Dell ISM
> > to use them?
>
> I hope I understand what you're looking for.  You have CentOS
> 5 installed, and
> now you want to add OMSA, right (sorry, I've burned the
> it's too late on a Friday to search the list)?  Simply make
> the addition
> to /etc/redhat-release, then do your installation from the CD
> you made
> previously.  Making the addition to /etc/redhat-release makes
> the OS look
> like RHEL to software that's looking specifically for that.

Ah, okay.  That's a little different from what I was trying to do (thus the confusion).  I was attempting to boot with the ISM disk which formats the hard disks then asks what OS you want to install.  I picked RHEL5 then tried to use the CentOS5 disks.

I'm on to trying the yum repositories at this point.  If I can't get that to work I'll try your trick with the redhat-release file to install stuff from the ISM CD now that I've already got the OS installed on the system.