CentOS 5 (Final) has been released

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Apr 13 16:13:27 CDT 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 4:53 pm, you wrote:

> > to run the

> > doesn't like the

> > are EL5 disks?
> >

> > I don't think my first post in reply made it to the list, so
> > my second didn't
> > make any sense.  So, I'm re-posting (with apologies for the clutter):
> >
> > In the past, I've added "Taroon" to /etc/redhat-releases.
> > "Taroon" was the
> > codename for RHEL3.  "Nahant" is the codename for RHEL4, and
> > "Tikanga" is the
> > name for RHEL5.
>
> So I would need to mount the CentOS 5 Disc 1 ISO on the loopback
> filesystem, make that change and then burn a new CD to get the Dell ISM
> to use them?

I hope I understand what you're looking for.  You have CentOS 5 installed, and
now you want to add OMSA, right (sorry, I've burned the previous posts, and
it's too late on a Friday to search the list)?  Simply make the addition
to /etc/redhat-release, then do your installation from the CD you made
previously.  Making the addition to /etc/redhat-release makes the OS look
like RHEL to software that's looking specifically for that.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.