Debian Sarge on a PE2850

Emmett Sutton Emmett.Sutton at usit.ie
Wed Apr 11 03:50:01 CDT 2007

Hi,

Can anyone help me with problems installing Debian. Was hoping to put on
2.6 kernel but it says during installation that modules missing for PERC
4e/Di and fails to see the RAID 5 array I have setup. If I do the
default install with the 2.4 kernel it sees the array and carries on but
once I upgrade to 686smp kernel so that linux sees the dual CPUs and 2GB
RAM the system fails to boot into Linux at all. I was using GRUB. Would
Lilo make a difference?

Cheers

copyrighted.  If you are not the intended recipient please

prohibited. USIT has scanned this email for viruses and

dangerous content and believes it to be clean. However,

virus scanning is ultimately the responsibility of the recipient.