interpreting OMSA alertlog entries

Tue Apr 10 09:44:38 CDT 2007

Sense data is part of the SCSI standard and you should be able to look this up online. A sense key of 3 is MEDIUM ERROR ASC of 11 with and ASCQ of 0 means UNRECOVERED READ ERROR. So one of your disks is having read errors. You should probably run a consistency check on the VD of which that drive is a part and, if the problem persists, replace the drive in question.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Tino Schwarze
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:25 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: interpreting OMSA alertlog entries

Hi there,

I've got a PE2950 with a PERC5/i¹ and now I see the following in the
alertlog:

Severity : Ok
ID : 2243
Date and Time : Sat Apr 7 06:15:58 2007
Category : Storage Service
Description : The Patrol Read has stopped.: Controller 0 (PERC 5/i
Integrated)

Severity : Non-Critical
ID : 2095
Date and Time : Sat Apr 7 06:03:01 2007
Category : Storage Service
Description : SCSI sense data Sense key: 3 Sense code: 11 Sense
qualifier: 0: Physical Disk 0:0:2 Controller 0, Connector 0

[... six more of this with some seconds delay...]

Severity : Non-Critical
ID : 2095