Dell PERC 5/i mfi status?

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Oct 31 11:18:14 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:12:32 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org>
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Cc: freebsd-hardware at freebsd.org, freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: RE: Dell PERC 5/i mfi status?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Bret Esquivel wrote:

> Mathieu,
>
> I was actually asking if there is an "amrstat" type utility that I can check
> the array status while in production. Thanks for the advice on 6-STABLE, I

Well, it was sysutils/megarc for PERC/4.  On PERC/5 mfi(1), it's whatever we
decide to call it.

Dell is shipping a CLI with OMSA or whatever.  We may have to hack on the
kernel interface:

http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2006-October/027645.html

We've got the      /dev/mfi?	 management interface already, just need to
port the Linux code over.

I'm really starting to think OpenBSD will beat FreeBSD to the game with the
bio(4) RAID management hardware abstraction subsystem:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=bio&sektion=4&arch=i386&apropos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>