Redundant Power Supplies

J. Epperson linux-poweredge at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 20 14:17:47 CDT 2006

This is a weird discussion.  Are there different power supplies for USA
and UK/Europe, with different features and indicators?

Every multi-supply Poweredge I've worked with, from the 6300s to the
2850s, has balanced across the connected power supplies, IIRC.  The 2550
does have a single green light per power supply, and one is flashing on
the ones I have left (but the UPSes show balanced loads?).  The 2650 and
2850 machines have three lights per supply:  power-on, fault, and
power-present.  None flash.