Certification of Poweredge 1900

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Oct 19 16:00:49 CDT 2006

    We just got our first PE 1900 here with dual 5050s.

It works out of the box with the following linux distributions (without
making any changes)

Fedora Core 4, 5 (3 doesnt see the disk controller)
Centos 4.4, 3.7
Redhat Enterprise 4

Debian works if you download the 2.6.16 version

I also wanted to note that On a poweredge 1800 with the Cerc 1.5 Sata
(its a windows benchmark) in HD tach it gives me  63.6MB/sec on the
burst speed where as on this 1900 which has the PERC 5 SAS controller
(both raid-1) it gives me nearly 200MB/sec.

Thanks!

-Drew