Relocating Powervault 220S

David Reta DavidR at Narus.com
Thu Oct 19 11:44:11 CDT 2006

We currently have a Powervault 220S attached to a 6650 running Redhat ES
3. The 6650 has a PERC 4DC Raid Controller which the Powervault is
attached to. The 220S is in a Raid 5 configuration and comes up as
/dev/sdb1. It has come time for the 6650 to be replaced with an 1850
running Redhat ES 4.

What I would like to do is move the PERC 4DC Raid Controller and the
Powervault 220S to the 1850. Should the partition come up as /dev/sdb1
just as is on the 6650? The hard drives on the 1850 are mirrored and are
/dev/sda.

ON the 6650 the 2 onboard Hard Drives are connected to the PERC 4DC. On
the 1850 the 2 onboard drives are connected to the on board Raid
Controller.

Do you see any issues or could any settings or data be lost if I were to
move the PERC 4DC and Powervault 220S to the 1850? There is about a TB
of data on the 220S and this can not be down for too long.

Thanks,
David

This email and attachments may contain Narus, Inc. confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, contact the sender immediately and delete all instances of this email and attachments.