Installing OMSA v5 without Internet Access

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Thu Oct 19 09:26:43 CDT 2006

Easy enough. Just remove the "-O -" and the "| bash" to simply download
the script and read it. I hope it is pretty straightforward. It simply
downloads the Dell digital signatures and intalls the repo RPM.
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Shane Presley
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 3:37 PM
To: Rik Herrin
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Installing OMSA v5 without Internet Access

On 10/12/06, Rik Herrin <rikherrin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   We currently have a bunch of Dell PowerEdges (x8xx) running RHEL v4
x86_64.  The machines are not accessible via the Internet at the moment
(due to security reasons), but I can VPN and scp files to them.  I
thereforce can't run the typical:

> wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/bootstrap.sh | bash
>
> to install OMSA because they don't have Internet access.

Just curious, this is the first I had seen that link, where can I find
more details on that bootstrap.sh script, and what it installs?

I have been installing OMSA via the downloaded .gz file previously.

Shane