PV220S Split bus Issue

Wed Oct 18 09:45:27 CDT 2006

You need to verify that both EMMs are at the same firmware level. If
they are not then this can be the result.

To flash the PV220 firmware:
1. Turn off both computers
2. Set PV220 to joined mode. (Power cycle the PV220)
3. Restart one of the machines
4. Use the Dell Update package to update the firmware
5. Turn off the PV220.
6. Turn on the machines

If that doesn't work it's also possible that you're using cluster mode
instead of split mode. The PERC 3/DC will only handle this if it is in
cluster mode. (You can verify this by checking which target the
enclosure is using on the 1650, if the enclosure is target 6 then its
split or joined, 15 is clustered).

There are three switch possitions. For split bus mode it needs to be in
the middle possition.

Patrick Boyd
Dell Storage Software Engineer
(512)728-3182