PERC 4e/Di unmirror system disk

Mon Oct 16 10:53:00 CDT 2006

The unmirror command is Adaptec only. The PERC 4e's are LSI cards. So
sorry you won't be able to unmirror the drive.

Patrick Boyd
Dell Storage Software Engineer
(512)728-3182

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Peter Walker
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 10:23 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PERC 4e/Di unmirror system disk

I have a PowerEdge 2850 with a mirrored system disk. One of the disks is
reporting predictive failure and I would like to switch back to a single
unmirrored disk.
I am using OMSA 4.5 and I have found the omconfig  unmirror command but
the documentation is a bit sparse.
How do I ensure that the unmirror results in the good disk being
retained? I also saw in the GUI reference that it won't split a mirror
on a mounted disk. Any suggestions?
Plan B is just to pull the bad disk and hope for the best.

Cheers,

Pete

Plymouth Marine Laboratory
Prospect Place
Plymouth
PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
Company No. 4178503
This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.
If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose
it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way.
Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail
forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies or
using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the
views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no
liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software
viruses.