Debian GNU/Linux & Dell OMSA

Nuno Jordão njordao at tp.telepac.pt
Wed Oct 4 12:55:56 CDT 2006

Hello,

I tried these Dell OMSA packages in a Debian testing with stock kernel
2.6.17-2-686-smp. The machines were Dell 1750 and Dell 1850.

Unfortunately, with 'omreport' only the commands 'system' and 'storage'
works. The 'chassis' command doesn't even appears in the help when I do
'omreport -?'.

What is stranger is that I can obtain voltage and fan speed through SNMP
(works ok) but 'omreport chassis' returns nothing.
By the way, 'omreport storage' works fine e both machines.

Does any one have any idea of what I may be overlooking?
Thank You.

Cumprimentos,
Nuno Jordão