PE860 SAS 5/iR - how to view RAID state

Mon Nov 20 09:01:17 CST 2006

With OMSA you can just type "omreport storage vdisk controller=0" The
LSI packages won't work to monitor this card since it isn't a "MegaRAID"
card.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Zach Bagnall
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 12:08 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: PE860 SAS 5/iR - how to view RAID state

Hi all.

I have one of these here (and another two on the way) and need to
monitor the RAID1 array for failures.

I have install OMSA 5.1 from the included CDs but it's unclear where to
begin. Is that all I need? Can someone point me at the command to
execute to get the current state (OK, rebuilding, etc).

As a plan B, I downloaded MegaCLI from the LSI site
(Linux_MegaCli_1.01.09.zip) and got it installed, but it doesn't see the
controller:

# MegaCli -CfgDsply -aALL

ERROR:Could not detect controller.

# MegaCli -AdpAllInfo -aALL