PERC RAID monitoring on ubuntu

Andrew Hall andyjohnhall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 08:20:12 CST 2006

On 11/18/06, Bill Tomlinson wrote...

> How can I remotely monitor the status of my PERC RAID array if I'm
> running ubuntu (or debian)?

> I've seen some mention of a program from LSI called megarc, but I
> can't find an actual copy of it anywhere for downloading.

I have the same problem. I'd like to monitor RAID without running
OMSA, but have still yet to find a solution. Dell's percsnmpd used to
work great, but sadly hasn't been updated for megaraid_sas :-(

The PERC5/i is very similar to LSI Logic's 8480E card, so their
MegaCli software works just fine.

The commands you'll probably be interested in running are...

MegaCli -LDInfo -Lall -aALL
MegaCli -AdpAllInfo -aALL

...which will return output containing eg...

State: Optimal

...and...

Virtual Drives    : 1
  Degraded        : 0
  Offline         : 0
Physical Devices  : 5
  Disks           : 4
  Critical Disks  : 0
  Failed Disks    : 0

 Among lots of other stuff.

I hope this helps. If not try getting Dell's 10892.mib (it's on one of
the cd's they ship with the server, or on an FTP site somewhere I'm
sure) as that may possibly enable you to monitor RAID via SNMP. I'm
still working on that, though :-)