PERC 4 - Media Changer on second channel

Guillaume Leccese guillaume.leccese at oxalide.com
Thu Nov 2 08:27:08 CST 2006

Mark Watts wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a PE-850 with a MegaRAID SCSI Raid Controler (Perc 4/SC 4/DC
>> 4e/DC) :
>>
>> 0000:02:0e.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID
>> (rev 07)
>>
>> The first channel is use for RAID.
>>
>> We want to use the seconde channel for a media changer. It's an out of
>> box device.
>>
>> Is these a probleme to use the second channel for our device ?
>>

> I don't believe using a RAID controller for anything other than disks is
> supported.
> You'd need a regular SCSI card for that (AHA-39160 or similar)
>
> Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thx for your answer.

But, if the second channel is'nt configured in RAID, can we use our device ?

I can't test before putting the machine in datacenter. The device is
already in datacenter.

In a few day, the new machine will be installed. I would like to know if
the media changer will be able to be connected to the server.

thx.

--
Guillaume