Ubuntu server

Frederic Vanneste linux at metron.be
Wed May 31 13:35:17 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to dell support & dell servers so I have some questions that might be
silly, but I want to be prepared for when I need support from dell.

I'm preparing a PE SC430 that I bought w/out OS and I have installed ubuntu
(dapper) server with linux software RAID.  Since no debian distributions were
supported with the installation assistant CD I did a normal setup.
Do I miss any special software that is _essential_ to getting dell support
(europe) by doing this?

Do I need to have anything special in place on the server in case I need dell

What is your experience with the european dell support in non-standard

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things."
 --Doug Gwyn