Setting Day Light Savings

Bill Carlson wcarlson at marcus.uihc.uiowa.edu
Fri May 26 16:14:47 CDT 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Bryan wrote:

> I've just noticed that a new 1850 running Fedora on PDT is behind by 1 hour
> (it did not "spring forward").
>
> What is the simplest way to set Daylight Savings on this machine?
> Will this require a reboot?
>
> This machine syncs using NTP but I understand this will not matter.

I'm assuming you mean set the hardware clock so that the time is correct
on the next boot.

You seek clock (or hwclock on some distros):

clock -w

will update the hardware clock with the current system time (localtime).
You need to be root to run.

I typically stick this in crontab to run once a week.

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Administrator bill-carlson at uiowa.edu  | Anything is possible,
HCIS                                          | given time and money.