HELP!! HOW TO USE BMC OF PE2850 AS FENCE DEVICE FOR REDHAT CLUSTER MANAGEMENT SUITE 3.0

Ahmadz S. Taneo ahmadz at amti.com.ph
Wed May 24 21:04:33 CDT 2006

Hello Guys,

Good day!

I need to use BMC of PowerEdge 2850 as a fence device for Redhat Linux
Cluster Manager Suite 3.0 on RHEL ES 3.0 Update 7. As far as I know BMC of
DELL PowerEdge 2850 is an IPMI over LAN embedded on motherboard network
interface card. I was trying to configure fence device on the cluster
manager tool but the parameter requires a "port" number which I couldn't
provide. I have tried accessing BMC Utility on boot up but couldn't see any
port number that I can use. I was able to configure on the Utiliy the
ipaddress of the BMC abd turned On the VLANwith the default ID 1. Is this
correct?

I hope there is anyone here who can help me here.

Please advice and thank you in advance.

Ahmadz Taneo