omreport 4.5.0-335 : no temperature or fans probes on DELL PE1800

Pierre Bourgin pierre.bourgin at arteris.com
Wed May 24 03:50:39 CDT 2006

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I belive you need to apply a lot of patches to your kernel source
> tree to get IPMI to work properly with Dell Servers.

I'm not interested about IPMI, except if I can't avaoid it.

> -- OMSA should work, did you check that you have the latest and
> greatest in BMC firmware, BIOS etc. ?

Thanks to your previous advices, I've desinstalled OMSA and IPMI,
rebooted, then reinstalled (only) OMSA.
Unfornatly, I'm still unable to retrieve anything about temperature,
fans, volts, etc. from omreport.

"omreport bios" and "omreport storage" are working fine.

I've updated my my BIOS from A05 to A06, but it still does not work;
PERC firmware is up to date.

I'm a bit confused about this situation, especially because I don't know
  exactly the roles and interactions between components.

When I ask temp ("omreport chassis temps"), what omreport does ? Contact
the BIOS ? contact the BMC ? through which channel: special BIOS call ?

Could you explain it briefly ?

I've noticed that BMC is not "LAN enabled": is it a problem ?
I do not have DRAC stuff: is it a problem ?

Thanks for any advice and explanations,

Regards,

Pierre Bourgin

$ omreport chassis bmc
BMC Information

Attribute : BMC Name
Value     : BMC Remote Access Service Point

Attribute : IPMI Version
Value     : 1.5

Attribute : System GUID
Value     :

Attribute : Number of Possible Active Sessions
Value     : -1

Attribute : Number of Current Active Sessions
Value     : -1

Attribute : LAN Enabled
Value     : No

Attribute : SOL Enabled