Bonding and pocket loss

Thomas_Chenault at Dell.com Thomas_Chenault at Dell.com
Tue May 23 14:07:18 CDT 2006

Note also that balance-tlb is equivalent to balance-alb, but transmits on all member interfaces. It should be equally suitable in this scenario.

Thomas

From: Tétényi István [mailto:tetenyi at sztaki.hu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:57 PM
To: Chenault, Thomas
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Bonding and pocket loss

Thomas_Chenault at dell.com wrote:
Dear Thomas,

For bonding interfaces that are connected to two different switches, balance-alb mode is generally a reasonable choice. If only fault tolerance is required (no throughput aggregation), active-backup may be suitable.

Tomorrow we will have a go. I will come back with the results.

Kind regards,
  Istvan

Thomas