Reading LTO memory

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon May 22 17:53:34 CDT 2006

I wasn't aware that LTO had memory in the cartridge (like AIT)
but if it does, it's probably used for the same thing as AIT
which would just be for whatever your backup software chooses
to put there.  Normally when a drive determines cleaning is
necessary is just from the hours or it's physically dirty and
that can be caused by bad tapes or bad environment.

David