Openmanage - FC4 - kenel versions

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Fri May 19 06:01:16 CDT 2006

Hi,

I have OMSA running almost 100% on a LiveCD with a kernel compiled from Gentoo 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 sources.

livecd-dell-omsa ~ # uname -a
Linux livecd-dell-omsa 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 #2 PREEMPT Sat Feb 25 23:35:24 Local time zone must be set--see  i686 Celeron (Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
livecd-dell-omsa ~ # /etc/init.d/instsvcdrv start
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dcdbas device driver:                             [  OK  ]
Starting dcdipm device driver:                             [  OK  ]
livecd-dell-omsa ~ # /etc/init.d/dataeng start
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dcstor32d:                                        [  OK  ]
Starting dcevt32d:                                         [  OK  ]
livecd-dell-omsa ~ # /etc/init.d/omsad start
Starting OM Common Services:                               [  OK  ]
livecd-dell-omsa ~ # /etc/init.d/omawsd start
Starting Secure Port Server:                               [  OK  ]

But I belive you will have to recompile your kernel to get it working.. on Fedora.

//
Harald Jensås