Dell to start selling AMD Opteron Servers

Jonathan Lambert j at firebright.com
Thu May 18 18:32:05 CDT 2006

I'm so amused!

I just detailed my experiences here on this very issue:
http://evolvedcombat.com/2006/05/14/sun-t2000-2/

And Jason Hoffman laid this out:
http://joyeur.com/2006/03/20/the-sun-doesnt-shine-on-me

Neither of us (we're not related) could buy from Sun, and I found HP and
IBM's pricing to be absolutely insane.

I'm stoked beyond belief about this.  If Dell doesn't start delivering these
servers, I'm going to be profoundly dissapointed - the market wants
Opterons!

Jonathan