Number of processors shown on PE2850

Robert Goley ragoley at rdasys.com
Wed May 17 08:09:24 CDT 2006

I have Srge running on many Dell servers including th 2850.  All dual
processor machines with hyperthreading enabled that are running a SMP kernel
show up in /proc/cpuinfo as 4 individual processors.  The fact that you see 2
tells me you are most likely using a SMP kernel.  I would check my packing
slip to ensure that the order included 2 processors.  Would not be the first
time I have seen servers ordered differently because of changes to Dell's web
site.  Other than that, I would open the machine up and look.

Robert