Number of processors shown on PE2850

Jim Potter jim at because.org.uk
Wed May 17 06:45:51 CDT 2006

Hi All,
  I have just bought 2 PE2850s with twin Xeon 3.2 hyperthreading
processors...
- one runs W2k server and shows 4 processors - this is what I expect to
happen
- the other runs debian sarge 3.1 and only shows 2 processors - I would
expect to see 4 here, but get no error messages in dmesg

All other twin hyperthreading Xeon PEs I have with Debian sarge show up
4 processors (these are 1600SCs with 2.8 Xeons)

does anyone else have Sarge running on a similar setup, and how many
processors do you see?

cheers in advence,

Jim Potter
UK