omreport 4.5.0-335 : no temperature or fans probes on DELL PE1800

Pierre Bourgin pierre.bourgin at arteris.com
Sun May 14 10:03:58 CDT 2006

Hello,

I've began to play with omreport to retrieve datas and monitor this server
(thanks to zabbix).

I'm able to retrieve RAID state of my PERC4/DC controller for instance, but
unable to retrieve temperatures or fan datas.
(see commands output below).

Did I missed something ? Does someone has a clue ?

I've also tried to play with IPMI, but it's a nightmare (kernel modules...):
I'm able to retrieve temperatures datas for a few hours only; so the
temperatures probes are OK.

On this other hand, "omreport" looks like all the simple stuff I need...

thanks in advance for your replies.

% uname -a
Linux brutus 2.6.9-34.106.unsupportedsmp #1 SMP Sat Mar 18 16:08:26 CST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

% rpm -aq |grep svradmin
srvadmin-omilcore-4.5.0-335
srvadmin-omacore-4.5.0-335