No disk reports on OMSA 4.4 under Debian on a PE2850

David McGiven david.mcgiven at fusemail.com
Fri May 12 06:05:46 CDT 2006

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What I do have enabled is :

root# grep -i megaraid /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS=m

root# lsmod | grep -i mega
megaraid               34888  2
megaraid_mbox          30224  1
scsi_mod              119304  4 megaraid,sd_mod,sg,megaraid_mbox
megaraid_mm             9760  1 megaraid_mbox

Does it really make a difference if I compile it as a module or directly
into the kernel image ?

Also, before replying your email I wanted to recompile the kernel with
that CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN option you mentioned. But I couldn't find it.

root# make menuconfig

Inside the menu I type "/newgen" and 0 results found.

Maybe I have to disable MEGARAID_LEGACY option ? But I'm not sure that
will work since I cannot rmmod megaraid

root# rmmod megaraid
ERROR: Module megaraid is in use

What do you think ?