Weird PE 850 problem

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Wed May 10 15:13:54 CDT 2006

I have a pe 850 that has twice now shut itself down without warning.
This machine does have a drac4 installed.  When it powers down the drac
is also shut off rendering hte box inaccessible.  considering the
machine is coloed on the opposite coast this is interesting..:)  Nothing
in the logs..there's no record of a shutdown command entered neither on
the system nor on the drac.  I am having the colo provider power up the
mahcine again and then i am going to erase everything and rebuild the
box from scratch.  I do have plesk 8 installed and i have everything
firewalled off except what is absolutely needed.  I have checked
var/log/messages.  Before i wax the box is there anything else i should
check?

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: