OMSA yum repository on FC5

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed May 10 05:05:19 CDT 2006

Robin Bowes wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
>> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:30:43AM +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get the OMSA software installed on a PowerEdge 1850
>>> running FC5.
>> OMSA 4.5 isn't expected to work on FC5...

OK, I analysed the contents of the various RPMS and what each one
requires and I've installed the following RPMS for RHEL4 on my FC5 box:

dell-repository-9-0.fc4.noarch.rpm
instsvc-drivers-5.0.0-1.i386.rpm
srvadmin-all-1-0.noarch.rpm
srvadmin-base-1-0.noarch.rpm
srvadmin-cm-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-deng-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-diagnostics-1-0.noarch.rpm
srvadmin-hapi-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-isvc-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-iws-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-jre-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-odf-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-old-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-omacore-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-omhip-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-omilcore-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-storage-4.5.0-335.i386.rpm
srvadmin-web-interface-1-0.noarch.rpm

So, it seems to install. But I can't find any docs telling me how to set
this up. i.e. how to configure it, etc.

For example, I tried to start dataeng:

[root at tollerton init.d]# service dataeng start
Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:

Building dcdbas device driver using DKS:                   [FAILED]
DKS failed to find gcc.
DKS requires gcc to build device drivers.

Now, I know that I haven't installed gcc yet (I'm working on a minimal
install and adding packages as I need them) but do I need to install the
dcdbas package? Are there any others I've missed?

Any pointers?

R.