PE4600+RAID5

Daniel Poulsen dpoulsen at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:28:25 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am writing this by proxy of my cousin who I am travelling tonight to help
with this problem.  He has a Dell PowerEdge 4600.  One of the drives in his
RAID5 failed.  He replaced the drive and now he cannot boot.  He says the
system complains "Cannot find boot device".  I asked him what steps he took
once he replaced the drive.  He said "I just went into the webBIOS and
clicked the 'Rebuild' option".

I will not have my hands on this system until late tonight, but I have to
ask this group, did he RE-SCRUB his drives by clicking 'Rebuild'?

Sorry I do not generally work with PERC.  Any input is greatly appreciated.
Controller and drive info is below.

Many many thanks,
Dan

The Controller is: Adapetc AIC-7890, SCSI, BIOS version v25704.

The drives are:
SGT-ST373307LC-FR-1Y 1 Seagate Cheetah 10K.6 73GB 10K U320 80pin SCA-2 SCSI
Hard Drive