Error messages and data corruption

Marcus Franke mfranke at evendi.de
Tue May 9 01:40:35 CDT 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 02:00:58PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:32:42AM -0700, Dan Wilder wrote:
> > Has anybody run bonnie++ on the 2850 with HW RAID-5 and RAID-10?
>
> bonnie++ is a standard test by the Dell test teams, so yes, these
> configurations have been run.

Ahh,

So I guess I do not have to do this on my own then as I
was thinking about stressing the partition I had those
problems for the first time (my old database partition).

But I was told by another user that there was a bug in
the old BIOS releases with the PERCs and large ammounts
of memory. He spoke of more than 8G of RAM but my server
has exact 8G.

And I am still running BIOS release A01 (server was delivered
with this version). According to his words it was fixed in
A04. So I will flash a new BIOS in the next maintenance cycle.

Marcus