PE1955 - Install Issues

Amit_Bhutani at Amit_Bhutani at
Mon May 8 11:50:39 CDT 2006

RHEL4 Update3 added support for the onboard NIC via the Broadcom
provided, open-source and upstream-accepted "bnx2" driver.

- Amit Bhutani

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at] On Behalf Of Tom Brown
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 9:40 AM
To: Brown, Michael E
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: PE1955 - Install Issues

> Dell Server Assistant would be the recommended way to install. It
> should have all of the appropriate drivers. If you have a test 1955,
> you should also have received DSA CD.

we only got 1 CD and that had a firmware update on it so we could flash
the chassis to 1.3 (to enable the 1955 to be recognised) It is possible
to get the DSA link from anywhere?

Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
Linux-PowerEdge at
Please read the FAQ at