RAID-10 on PE2850

PMilanese at nypl.org PMilanese at nypl.org
Thu May 4 12:24:25 CDT 2006

>From what I recall, yes. The option is to span the mirrors.

I think the new cards do have the ability to RAID10 a set of disks. I'd
like to see them do Raid50 myself :-/

Thanks-

Peter J. Milanese, System Administrator
Information Technology Group
The New York Public Library
peterm at nypl.org - 212.621.0203

             "David Hubbard"
             <dhubbard at dino.ho
             stasaurus.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <linux-poweredge at dell.com>
             linux-poweredge-b                                          cc
             ounces at dell.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: RAID-10 on PE2850
             05/04/2006 01:18
             PM

James, are you sure on that?  Not that I have any scientific
way of telling but the controller calls it stripes and when
I do sustained writes I always have all four drives lit up.
If it was concatenated I'd expect just two of the drives to
have activity during testing with nothing else running?

David