OMSA: dcstor32d keeps on dying

Pauli Borodulin pauli.borodulin at uta.fi
Thu May 4 04:05:27 CDT 2006

Heya!

Sander Keemink wrote:
> [...]
> Does anybody know of a reason why dcstor32d could die or have had same
> problem?

I have not heard of this kind of problem before. Does it start at all? How
long does it run, by average? You could try attaching to it with strace and
see how/why it dies. Remember to use -f parameter so that strace also
follows the child processes.

OMSA 4.4 is a bit ugly with it binary only drivers. I recommend to wait for
OMSA 5.0 which doesn't require any separate drivers (the driver is included
in vanilla kernel). I expect it to be a lot cleaner also for Debian
packaging, and I will certainly look into it as soon as it is released.

Br,
--
Pauli Borodulin <pauli.borodulin at uta.fi>
Systems Analyst, tel. +358 3 3551 7892