OMSA - Blades and their Chassis

Harald_Jensas at Harald_Jensas at
Thu May 4 01:24:51 CDT 2006

You can install IT assistant on several systems for redundancy. On MAC, try ViritualPC..

But why no just use the DRAC/MC itself?

DRAC/MC - Hardware Monitoring Functions

 - Get voltage or temperature from each server blades through IPMB interface.
 - Monitor system fans status and if the fan cabinets have been removed or other impacting air flow condition; Management blade shall set the  maximum value of rpm to system fan.
 - Monitor redundant power supply status.
 - Monitor fan cabinet intrusion status.
 - Get temperature from each I/O Module through I2C.

You will find the users guide for the DRAC/MC here:

Harald Jensås