PE 1650 Flashing Amber Light

Harald_Jensas at Harald_Jensas at
Thu Jul 20 04:09:10 CDT 2006

1. If you have IPMI drivers modules loaded, you can install ipmitool and retrive the ESM/SEL log.
2. You can download the an OMSA Live CD from:
and have a look at the ESM/SEL log.
To get support for the F10 Utility Partition, you need to install this partition and the utilities using Dell Servar Assistant CD, DSA.
Harald Jensås

	From: linux-poweredge-bounces at [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at] On Behalf Of Richard Hurt
	Sent: 20 July 2006 10:36
	To: linux-poweredge-Lists
	Subject: PE 1650 Flashing Amber Light
	Hey all,
	I have a PE1650 running Debian/Ubuntu with a flashing amber light.  I realize that this is a warning that something is wrong but cannot figure out what it is.  My question is how do I diagnose this "error" state?  I have tried pushing and holding the button, but that just turns it into a flashing blue light.  :)
	Also, what do I have to do to get support for the Setup F10 screen?  I'm aware that I need to put a new hidden, Dell partition on the box that starts up when you hit the F10 button during boot.  Since I purchased this box used it didn't have the secret partition on it and I don't know where to get it.  On the other hand, do I even need the Setup stuff?  What does it do?  Any help would be appreciated.